As the Football Association, the English media and English fans continue to agonize over who should be the next England manager, I would like to propose a simple solution – scrap the England “national” team. It would render the entire question nugatory.
After all, England has done perfectly well without a government, an army, membership of the European Union or representation at the United Nations. England would do just as well without a national football team. Other advantages of scrapping the England national team would be:
- No more “football’s coming home”.
- No more “Do I not like that”.
- No more “Turnip Taylor”.
- No more penalty shoot-out heartbreak, once, twice, three times or more
- No more dodgy Russian linesmen.
- No more flawed geniuses overlooked for the position of England manager at (9 mins 5 secs).
The list goes on.
Just a nostalgic look back before the new dawn of fresh hope that breaks with the appointment of a new England manager.